PORTABLE TIE CHANGER
Extracts and inserts all ties
with power unit
TRANSPORTATION TO WORK SITE
EP-3000 powered by truck- Standard track ties are extracted in two 4’ strokes.
By Hi-Rail Crane Truck
Weighing only 435 lbs., the compact EP-3000 is handled easily by the truck crane.
The crane operator and his helper load or unload the EP-3000 in about 3 minutes. Fits safely on the truck deck leaving ample space for ties.
By pick-up truck
The only machine light and compact enough for transportation on a pick-up truck.
Equipped with fold down carrying handles for track clearing by small gang forces.
Optional set of wheels available.
Powered from your truck
1 Hydraulic Hose Drum
Always keeps main cylinder hydraulic hoses tight, safe, and out of the way.
Grips ties quickly and precisely.
10,000 lbs. of gripping force prevents slipping.
Self-centering tie grips.
Raised in seconds to clear
3 Quick Disconnects
Connects to 10 GPM, 2,000 psi power unit.
Connects to truck hydraulic system.
Allows operation of Spike, Puller, Spike Driver, and Tie Tampers
4 Three Station Control Valve
Easy to understand, simple to use
In/out – 2 speeds
• 435 lbs. without the power unit
• 250 lbs. power unit
• 685 lbs. including gas power unit
• 725 lbs. with integral diesel power
• Length 96”
• Width 35”
• Height 36”
• 18,500 lbs. extraction force
• 10,000 lbs. insertion force
• 10,000 lbs. gripping force
Hydraulic Power Unit
• 10 GPM or two 5 GPM
• 2,000 PSI nominal pressure
• 18 HP Briggs & Stratton Engine
All gauges from 1,000 mm to 1,675 mm (39 3/8 to 66”)
• Lightweight tubular steel welded construction
Three Station Control Valve
• Located for good view of work
• Controls all operations simply
• Easy and fast to learn
• Grips ties quickly and precisely
• 1,000 lbs. of gripping force prevents slipping
• Raised in 2 seconds to clear obstacles
• Connects to detachable power unit
• Connects to truck hydraulic system
• Allows operation of Spike Puller, Spike Driver, and Tie Tampers
Hydraulic Hose Drum
• Keeps main cylinder hydraulic hoses tight, safe ,and out of the way
E-NEWSLETTER. JOIN US TODAY!
Get FREE articles and resources sent right to your in-box. We look forward to serving you.